The Site Safety Plus SMSTS course was introduced on 1 April 2002 as part of the Site Safety Plus CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme.
All Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificates issued after 1st January 2001 are valid for a five year period from the date of issue. The two day refresher course will enable current SMSTS certificate holders to renew their qualification, however this course can only be attended by current and valid CITB SMSTS certificate holders.
The CITB SMSTS Refresher certificate training course is designed to ensure that personnel maintain and up-date their current health and safety knowledge. The course covers changes to legislation, approved codes of practice and best working practice within the industry.
Individuals wishing to renew their SMSTS training certificate must provide a copy of the original five-day course certificate. Details of the course venue and the date of the course should also be provided if known. Only those individuals who have passed the five day course and provided evidence of this will be eligible to take the two day refresher course.
Objectives of SMSTS Refresher Courses
- APPRECIATE RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN CONSTRUCTION LEGISLATION ACCIDENT CAUSES
- COSTS AND REASONS FOR PREVENTION
- UNDERSTAND THE LEGAL SYSTEM
- RELEVANT LEGISLATION
- APPROVED CODES OF PRACTICE
- GUIDANCE NOTES
- CODES OF PRACTICE AND CASE LAW
- CONDUCT RISK ASSESSMENTS
- MONITOR HEALTH AND SAFETY PERFORMANCE
- UNDERSTAND BEST PRACTICE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF SUB-CONTRACTORS
- DISSEMINATE INFORMATION TO OPERATIVES AND SUB-CONTRACTORS
Course Duration: 2 Days
SMSTS Refresher Training Course Assessment
Assessment is determined by reaching a minimum level of achievement against four criteria:
- FULL ATTENDANCE OF ALL TRAINING COURSE SESSIONS
- PERFORMANCE IN EACH OF THE FOUR CORE EXERCISES
- AN OVERALL REVIEW BY THE COURSE TUTOR
- A PASS MARK IN THE 25 QUESTION MULTI-CHOICE PAPER
Successful candidates will be awarded the Site Safety Plus CITB Construction Site Management Safety Training Certificate (SMSTS). This certificate will remain valid for 5 years.
- January 30th – 31st
- April – 25th – 26th
- July 30th – 31st
- October 29th – 30th
- February 27th – 28th
- May 30th – 31st
- August 22nd – 23rd
- November 28th – 29th
Our Mission Statement
Safe house health and safety consultants provide you with a personal approach and service to health and safety. A local company with nationwide reach helping you to stay safe and compliant.
The Business Village
07447 906 600 | 01226 107 076
Mon-Fri - 0800 - 1700hrs
Sat-Sun - 24hrs help and advice line